Friday 30 March 2018

From Ederson to Firmino: Premier League team of the season so far | Sachin Nakrani

Four Manchester City players and two Burnley defenders feature in our controversial selection

Hard to believe but the Premier League season is almost over. Where has the time gone? Feels like only yesterday José Mourinho was happy.

Anyway, with the home stretch in sight, I’ve picked a Premier League XI of the season so far. My choices are sure to cause shock, horror and outrage but before the frothing commences let me make something clear: the team below are not made up of the 11 best players in their respective positions. Some are but others are players who have performed notably above expectation – individually or within a partnership/unit – and therefore are worthy of recognition. This also means there is a whacking great omission, one bordering on a national scandal, but I don’t care – I stand by my choices.

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2IaoaT6

No comments:

Post a Comment