Friday 28 September 2018

Everton move helped me to become England’s keeper, says Jordan Pickford

• ‘New challenges have improved my game massively’
• Former Sunderland No 1 has just signed new six-year deal

Jordan Pickford has spoken about his “whirlwind of a year” after signing a new six-year contract at Everton and said he might not have got the call to play for England at the World Cup had he not moved to Merseyside.

The goalkeeper believes he needs to be in the Premier League to be considered for his country but also acknowledges he has improved since leaving his native Sunderland. “All the coaches I have worked with in the past year have helped me get better,” the 24-year-old said. “It’s been a great leap for me personally in a short time but I believe all the new challenges have improved my game massively. I’ve just signed a new contract that will take me up to the age of 30, so it feels like a progression is being made. My only ambition is to keep playing every week for a club that is heading in the right direction.”

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2OPKKUC

No comments:

Post a Comment