Friday 28 September 2018

Fifa must do more to highlight the quality in the women’s game | Eni Aluko

Fifa got the Luka Modric decision right at the Best awards but naming Marta as the women’s best sends the wrong signals

Fifa’s annual Best awards were held in London on Monday and it is fair to say they have created much debate. I can see why and no more so, in my opinion, than in regards to the women’s prize. Marta is one of my favourite players, and one of the best players I’ve had the privilege of coming up against, so I say this with the greatest respect: there are other players who were in a much stronger position to be named the best female player of 2018.

Related: Luka Modric and Marta win Fifa player of the year awards in London

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Qj3a0z

No comments:

Post a Comment